Saturday 5 May 2018

A Spoonful of Turmeric Helps Depression Go Down?



Anyone cook with yellow Indian spice turmeric? If so, you could unwittingly be protecting yourself from depression and other mental health issues, according to Psychiatry Advisor

I occasionally cook with it, largely because I have no clue about spices so this one seems as good as any other, and also because of the aforementioned research. I'm a bit sporadic with it, though, so alongside my occasional use of it in cooking I'm going to swallow a flat teaspoon of it every morning for the next month. I'll be gauging its effectiveness by paying attention to my feelings, seeing whether I push myself on to develop more confidence, to see what actually happens if I do build the confidence that I want, and also I'll focus on the same movements at the gym to see it it helps me physically.

Let's not beat around the bush: approaching women makes me so nervous that my knees feel like they're going from under me and I feel like I'm going to puke. So a lot of the time I don't even bother. Now, if Sertraline doesn't do what I want it to, I don't see how a ground-up root is going to do the trick, but who am I to say. Essentially, regardless of anything I put in my body, I need to accept that some women will be happy that I decided to talk to them. But whatever, let's see if turmeric does that.

The movements:

10-minute cross train
10-minute run
Chest press
Horizontal dumbell fly

I'll review this in 5 weeks.

No comments: