Monday 26 August 2013

Mediterranean Beef Burgers








After a three-month hiatus from cooking, I eventually kicked myself up the arse and opened the Hairy Dieter's cookbook again.

The first attempt at these burgers was shaky. I couldn't find courgettes or balsamic vinegar in Tesco, and I chopped the onion instead of grating it. This resulted in a crumbly finished product. Note: READ the instructions. Don't just look at them. Tesco don't do slices of Mozarella, so I sprinkled the shavings onto the burger. They went everywhere.

The second attempt was much tidier, although watery. I recommend grating the onion under the extractor fan. Sunglasses also help, as random as it looks, but it's still hard work. Also, fry off the moisture before flipping, or it'll fall apart.

The burgers come out big, so eat with a knife and fork. You can't pick up something that size.

Outcome?


 
 

No comments: