Sunday 18 August 2013

Three Strikes: Week 38



Friday night: Spinningfields bar strip with the lads.

Oast House- an old-style pub which recently broke a beer-tasting world record- was rammed, and the queue was horrific, but their top row was eclectic and held some impressive single malts and American bourbons. Good outdoor seating area perfect for this time of year.

Around the corner you'll find The Alchemist, one of the best bars in Manchester. We managed to get an unusually large group in there through a contact, but we were lucky. The music, décor, drinks and women are awesome. Turn up early and in a small group. And with money.

At home, the flat's a little smarter now, with a new shelf for more alcohol in the pantry, not that I'll be buying any more for the foreseeable future. I've also cooked a new recipe, for the first time in ages. Small steps.

In the gym I've packed 182 metres onto my 10-minute record on the rowing machine. This week was the first time I've even tried that movement in 15 months, so my general fitness must have improved. I'm also enjoying mixing a few classes in when I can. Somebody else spurring you on can get your heart and limbs working a lot better than you can do on your own.

Again, small steps.

No comments: