Saturday 21 March 2020

Vitamin experiment fail


Last week I was talking to my parents about Echinacea tablets, a 'natural' remedy for flu and low mood. I blogged about it here

I have memory difficulties from a head injury, which is the underlying issue behind my depression. But, as I emphasise in most of these Psychology Saturday blog posts, I'm working on it. In this instance, my memory stepped in the way of me making sense. My mum had spoken to me about the benefits of Echinacea, but had also discussed vitamin D. I spend most of my time indoors, and don't get the sunlight that perhaps others do, and with summer not yet here I could do with a boost. Mum had actually given me vitamin D tablets. The 2 conversations, about the 2 vitamins, must have amalgamated in my head, resulting in last week's post.

So. I've now been taking vitamin D tablets for a week. I've also gone out and bought echinacea, but I'm not mixing it in for the moment.

One of the solid measurement systems for testing a drug's effectiveness is looking at gym records. However, the whole country is pretty much on lockdown, so even if the gym is open (I haven't checked) I haven't been in a week. Mum has a health condition, so I'm not risking catching something while working out and passing it on. That and I pulled something in my back running up the stairs. I'm keeping public contact to a minimum. Is this expected once you get into your late 30s?

So yeah, I'll keep taking the vit-D and see what happens.

2 comments:

kruph joy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sharon Wayne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.