Sunday 28 November 2021

About that Carnival Post…

On Friday I wrote up the Manchester Made Me Funky Carnival, a celebration of 00s-era house music, held in Bowlers with a stellar vocalist-and-DJ lineup.

In it I detailed everything that I’d be happy for the organisers to see, that may result in a few shares. There were a few moments in the night that, in the initial post, I didn’t mention.

In the run-up to the event, I had a bit of a to-do over Instagram with singer Julie McKnight, who was plastering her feed with rampant anti-vaxx sentiment

I can't find my exact comments, but know this: She is wrong. And that’s all there is to it. If CMO Chris Whitty had had is way- and he should have had- McKnight wouldn’t have been allowed into the country, let alone play at an event with a thousand people in it.

Also, as a result of our batshit Prime Minister not imposing vaccine mandates or passports for clubs, there were more than a handful of unvaccinated people in there. One of them approached me at one point in the night: a reasonably fit-looking woman, blonde hair, blue dress. We were only talking for a few seconds before she began her tirade against vaccine passports that the government aren’t even implementing anyway. I told her to fuck off.

I asked to take this guy’s picture.


That’s a shark hat. It’s a little blurry, but hammerhead, if I recall.

That’s not going on the internet, is it?”

I responded with an “uhhh” sound that lasted about three seconds.

My dad’s a politician. I can’t be showing him up.”

I said I’d delete it. Burn me at the stake. I didn’t. Anyone recognise him? Know his dad? How terrible for his dad’s political career! His son was- filmed doing drugs, like the Mayor of Dover? Walking around a hospital maskless during a pandemic? Taking a 130-mile round trip with the family while infected with COVID, during the first lockdown? No. He was wearing a shark hat. In a club. How monumentally fracturing for his dad’s burgeoning political career! Call in Edelman PR to manage this disastrous public relations strain!

If you’re that bothered, maybe don’t dress like that in the first place and risk some videographer picking you up in his rushes, for example.

Here are the professional photos from the night, featuring all the acts. 

Still a great night.

No comments: