Saturday 26 February 2022

Social Dieting Review

A month ago I made a return to what I call ‘social dieting’: eating clean most days, and only breaking on the diet for social situations. 

It’s been reasonably easy to stick to, with supermarket visits being the only challenge. (Maybe I shouldn’t have had those bought-in pizzas, but that was the worst thing I ate.) I managed to evade chocolate, alcohol and microwave meals (except those Tesco Finest affairs which weren’t too fatty and came as a deal). I kept a check on the warning labels on most food: most supermarkets products now feature small warnings with green, orange and red labels indicating different levels of salt, sugar and fat. If you stay away from the reds, you’ll be fine. 

Despite trying to reignite a social life after 2 years of lockdown-induced desolation… I didn’t go out anywhere. I went for 1 pub lunch with the family. 

I was around 87-88kg at the start of the project. I’m currently around 83-84kg. It’s a start. I was around 81-82 2 weeks ago. At the gym I added one more to my bicep chin-up record. 

I’m going to continue the principal of social dieting for the moment. This shouldn’t be too difficult considering I have nothing resembling a social life at the time of writing.

No comments: