Monday 28 November 2022

For the Love of Sci Fi is This Weekend

 


SF convention For the Love of Sci Fi returns this weekend after a 2-year COVID hiatus. On the roster: Jean Claude Van Damme, Dolph Lundgren, Mads Mikkleson, a quartet of Back to the Future cast (that don’t seem to be available for a group photo although I’m sure they were a few days ago), Anthony Daniels (C3PO) and many more. 

I was going to get that Van Damme and Lundgren double photo op, but I’m not sure I can justify shelling out £225. I paid a little over £40 for Danny Glover and Peter Weller each, and around £60 for Michael Bisping. The prices seem to be getting steeper. 

I’m going on the Sunday, as Saturday sees the Saddleworth Santa Dash take place, a 5km run through Oldham’s outback with 500 Father Christmases. I have done this a few times in the past, but ilness last year and lockdowns before it have put paid to my involvement. There are are less than 200 tickets remaining!

No comments: