Saturday 31 December 2022

Cottage Pie

From the Hairy Bikers’ Hairy Dieters cookbook: a low fat traditional cottage pie recipe bulked up with leeks and other veg. 

My attempt kinda spilled over the edge of the dish because I further bulked up the content with 10 celery sticks, not just 2. What would I have done with the rest? Same goes for crème fraiche. 300g, not 150. For mixed herbs: za’atar. First use of this. 

It took me 90 mins to prep. Cook time is 30. Could be my memory difficulties putting the handbrake on, but that’s a loooong prep time. The recipe asks for 2 slender leeks to be chopped, fried and included in the mash topping, so I didn’t so much ‘go heavy’ on that, but it’s noticeable in the taste. I should have chopped them finer. Make sure your knives are sharp for this. Good outcome though.

No comments: