Saturday 18 May 2024

Spiced Roast Aubergines

A vegetarian dish this time, as found in Rukmini Iyer’s The Roasting Tin. Spiced Roast Aubergines and Potatoes with Coconut Basmati Rice, Yoghurt and Coriander was a simple enough dish with good vegetarian ingredients. (I’m not veggie, but am trying to eat more of them.) 

I seemed to have already eaten one of the potatoes I’d bought, so threw a sweet potato in as a substitute, which worked well. The whole recipe seemed to take me 5 minutes less than the suggested time. Not sure how that happened. Perhaps a little longer in the oven might have crisped things up a bit. The coconut milk needed for the rice I knew I already had, but I hadn’t realised the BBE date was September ‘23. It was a sealed tin, though, so you can generally make your own judgement on it. I’ve been fine.

No comments: