Saturday, 3 October 2026

Excess Month 2026 Take 2: Week 1

Bought my last junk food for the foreseeable. Didn’t actually specify that I was going to cut that out, but I will now. Current weight: 82.7kg. I’d like it to go down, but let’s be realistic here.  

Went to Newcastle for the Comic Con. Did a lot of walking around. One drawback to memory difficulties: if I go to an unfamiliar place, like Newcastle, I’m going to park somewhere. I have to take pictures of the car, the street signs and the surrounding areas. I’ve also got to make sure there are no parking issues. Blue Badge has its benefits, but it doesn’t mean I can park anywhere. Bit of stress finding the car after dark in a strange city. I also need to make sure that my phone and external battery are as charged as possible. Running out of power means all the photos, notes and maps are inaccessible. If that happens, I’ve really screwed the pooch. I really should learn how to drop a pin on Google Maps. 

Effort. Came home. Slept all Sunday. 

Went for a curry.

 

Wednesday: tried to go to some kind of mindfulness session in Hathershaw in Oldham, but couldn’t find the building. Not the safest or cleanest of places, nor with the best signage. Mum told me about it. Alas, Google Maps took me to a dilapidated building on a council estate. I didn’t hang around. 

Throughout the week I polished off the remnants of a bottle of Talisker that I’ve had for over a decade. Aldi’s latest Ballycastle release – Chocolate Malt Biscuit – was a bit of a misfire.

No comments: