Wednesday 27 May 2015

The Last of the Chinese

My food, alas, was not served in this.


Although this might sound like an epic period drama starring Daniel Day Lewis and Jet Li, this is actually a quick post about getting back into pre-2010 moving-out-of-the-parents'-place shape.

I used to LOVE Chinese food from the dubiously-titled but deliciously-tasting “Man Ho” Chinese takeaway. I've had it as an occasional treat every couple of weeks for the last 5 or so years. Over the last few weeks, though, I've been eating better than usual by following plenty of healthy recipes and trying to eat more fruit and nuts instead of chocolate. And something is changing.

I'm developing a bit of a taste for healthy food, and I'm enjoying the process of cooking and the satisfaction of making something that's good for me. Not only that, the taste of takeaway food doesn't have the appeal it used to. Neither does the thought of eating it. Having just finished the last of a recent sweet-and-sour pork and egg fried rice, I'm actually looking forward to something more wholesome and unprocessed.

So I'll continue eating healthily, by avoiding any takeaway food- If I'm rolling out of a bar and I spot a fast-food pizza place, I'll duck it and stick with toast or something equally safe when I get in- and I'll continue working out throughout the week. In a month from now I'll see what PBs I've beaten at the gym and see how I feel.

No comments: