Saturday 17 August 2019

Back to Social Dieting / Running Month

View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Matt Tuckey (@matttuckey) on
 
Earlier this month I described how I'd beaten a long-standing PB at the gym after a few weeks of 'Social Dieting'-  eating clean unless it's a social occasion; buying clean in the supermarket- no sweet treats or takeaways- and only drinking alcohol or getting a takeaway if with friends. It worked. I've since lapsed on this, and have bought some junk food in Tesco, and I've not managed to lift that particular weight- 2x40kg dumbbell fly- since. Well, duh.

The oldest record I have is 10-minute run, which I managed 14.1km/ph at, back in May 2013. I've tried this in more recent weeks, running at that speed, and managed about 4 minutes if I really pushed myself. I am a LOT heavier than I was 6 years ago. I have the feeling that if I genuinely focussed on this movement until I beat it, I'd lose most of my strength. No thanks. So, I'm going to give this a bash for a month only. I'll still do hand weights at home, probably while watching Breaking Bad S5 and Designated Survivor S2, and I'll throw in an outdoor run that will take about 45 mins. I might even do a Parkrun.

This starts now!

No comments: