Monday 5 August 2019

Meal at The Ivy; 4-Year Record Broken

I dropped into The Ivy in Spinningfields with the parents for mine and my mum's birthdays last Tuesday. We got in early so hid from the rain in nearby Alchemist.






 


 


In other food-related news, I've been eating mostly clean food and hammering the gym. After 4 years of hammering horizontal dumbbell fly seeing no progress, I've finally hit a PB. In August 2015 I hit 10 reps on 2 x 38kgs. I've just done 10 reps on 2 x 40kgs yesterday. It's possible when you eat your greens and meat, avoid junk, get good sleep and persist at the gym.

That said, I had a chicken burger meal on Friday night, so it' not as if I haven't occasionally broken my diet. But it was social.

Nothing much happening this week, but there is a new club opening the weekend after. Eden launches Friday 16th, in the unit that once housed Tiger Tiger, so stay tuned for that.

Separate issue: I've read Aliens: Life and Death, a graphic novel from Dark Horse that I found at Oldham Comic Con. Fun but routine rescue mission story about a lesbian married couple, featuring a Predator, even though it's not an Aliens vs Predator story. Odd.

No comments: