Sunday, 10 August 2014

Here's Kevin Sinfield playing Joseph aged 11



The England and Leeds Rhinos rugby captain Kevin Sinfield MBE playing the title role in a school production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat. Sinfield attended St Agnes Knowls Lane between 1985 and 1992, the latter being the year of the photograph's origin.

I expect he was picked to play Joseph as he was the only person brave enough to sing the solo, Close Every Door.

If I remember rightly this production was filmed by an amateur cameraman. I'd be interested in seeing it, partly because I was in it. I played one of the slave traders who bought Joseph off his brothers at the start of the play, and- in the second picture- the Pharaoh's slave furthest screen right.

If anyone still has this footage, get it uploaded- there are a lot of curious people out there.

No comments: