Friday 11 March 2022

About That Carnival Post... 2

Recently I blogged about the second Manchester Made Me Funky Carnival, a celebration of 2000s-era funky house music in Manchester’s Bowlers Exhibition Centre. An amazing night of house music royalty- singers, DJs, huge set builds and great people. 

After the initial event last November, I wrote a second post- one I wouldn’t tag contributing acts in- where I could detail a few negatives- the stalkers, crank anti-vaxxers, and apparently the paranoid offspring of politicians. (I never did find out which politician.) 

This time around, the Carnival was another blinding night with great DJs and superb stage acts singing classic house tracks. Again, there were some moments I felt ideal to leave out of that upload. 

The same anti-vaxx woman from the first event, who went ballistic at me over something the government didn’t even do (instate vaccine passports), was in attendance again. I’m not sure she recognised me, although I was definitely trying to ignore her. It seemed she was reciprocating, ‘til she eventually came over and made a gesture to her nose. I thought she was suggesting there was something on my face (there wasn’t.) I think it was the next day before it dawned on me she was asking me for coke. (I was driving, and wouldn’t share with some nutter I didn’t know even if I was carrying.) 

All it would take is the UK government to instate vaccine passports – like Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Portugal and Slovenia have done, to name a few- and we wouldn’t have to deal with weirdos like the aforementioned woman, AND we’d have a lot fewer cases and wouldn’t have to deal with the COVID-related earache for quite as long. 

But no. Johnson knows his base is poorly educated and easy to manipulate, so he’s not gone for passports and has given no explanation why… although we know. 

The only other notable moment for this post was some Brummie claiming I looked like footballer Michael Owen, which I’ll take. 

Official pics willl be on the Mancheter Made Me Funky Facebook page soon.

No comments: