Saturday 28 May 2022

Coconut Prawn Curry

 

During my annual leave I had a series of plans set out, including to dive back into the Hairy Dieters cookbook from BBC’s Hairy Bikers. This, from their ‘Fakeaways’ section, was a low-fat Keralan (south Indian tropical style) curry, cooked in one large frying pan. 

I used substantially more of certain ingredients as certain items come in large packets and cans in Tesco. Might as well use it all up. I bunged in an entire 250g bag of spinach, not the 100g serving it required. You can’t ‘overload’ a curry with a superfood vegetable. The recipe asks for medium curry paste. I went for Rogan Josh, one of the higher medium curries. I guess I balanced it all out with the coconut milk, using the full can, not the advised half. The simple instructions took me 45 mins to run though, including simmering times. 

The Hairy Dieters cookbook doesn’t include any recommended overall times like The Roasting Tin does, but the outcome was excellent. A unique taste, with a kick.

No comments: