Friday 5 August 2022

Before 41

Life is short. I have plans for the first year of my 40s to do things that I’ve been meaning to do for a lot of my life. Some are the same, some are new. 

Twitter project 

I have a plan to push my blog views to over a million using Twitter. Now the pandemic is ‘over’ (it isn’t, but whatever) and I’m adding content to the blog, it’s a good time to dive into this.  

Bodybuilding 

For years, I’ve wanted to spend a month living my life like a bodybuilder: eating what they eat, lifting what they lift and seeing if I can increase my strength and size. I’ve actually done a lot of that as the years have gone on, touching 90kgs a few months ago, but I’ve not gone full-on and done 2 sessions a day on a strict diet. This is the plan.  

Fit back into my suits 

I was 30’ waist for most of my adult life until I went on antidepressants. I’m not on them any more, and it’s time to get back into the formal wear that’s been hanging up in my cupboards for years. Feed me all the veg. I’m considering using Tesco’s delivery service to keep me away from junk food. I might do this, whether purposefully or not, in conjunction with the bodybuilding project above. I’m also considering going totally veggie to achieve this.  

Viking project 

My surname Tuckey derives from the name Toki, a tribe that was part of the Viking invasion starting in 793AD. I’ve learned little bits of how my ancestors survived The Harrying of the North in 1069-1070; I’m planning to learn as much as I can about my Norse origins in a month. I have a few other viking-related ideas to include in that period, including watching a lot of Netflix’s Viking content- I have 3 shows in mind- eating what they ate, exercising like them and cutting my hair that way. Expect a big beard.  

Get back on TV 

Another plan is to spend a month applying to TV shows. Back in 2013 I made it onto Sing Date (and got to the end of the episode) and BBC’s The Year of Making Love (appeared in the background after all my scenes were cut). Both were great experiences, and I had it in mind to get back onto TV at some point. See if I can get myself a blue tick. Will it be dating shows? Maybe. Catchphrase is also worth a punt as I’m a dab hand at it. I’ll keep an open mind. One every 2 months.

No comments: