Sunday 8 January 2023

Watz-0 and Mason, Font Closes

Back in early December I attended For the Love of Sci Fi, a convention in Bowlers Manchester. On entry we were given Watz-0 and Mason, a free comic from Comicspiration and Monopoly Events

In the future, a rookie detective – disliked by his peers – teams up with a robot to solve cases and make a name for himself. Things are never that straightforward, though. 

An intriguing short comic, with some twists and potential for further stories. Similar to a SF series called Automata. (The former is more Cyberpunk, the latter more sci-fi noir.) 

In other news, staple Oxford Road area bar Font has closed after 22 years. In ‘02-’03 I lived in the Student Village, not far from there, so it was a semi-regular watering hole. I’m not so much around there these days – The top of Peter St is as far as I ever need to go, usually – but I have fond memories. Still, that’s an epic lifespan for a city centre bar.

No comments: