Saturday 25 February 2023

Andy's Man Club Manchester's 4th Birthday Party

 

Great night last night for Andy’s Man Club Manchester’s 4th birthday. The support group is helping more and more men in the city area all the time, and we’re almost now reaching capacity in our Sedulo Deansgate location on Monday nights. 

In fact, on the night at least one person I spoke to said he’d make his first visit to session soon. 

Last night’s party, in the homely, brick-walled 53Two, featured a raffle (prizes donated from local restaurants and cinemas etc.), music, speeches from group members, and hot food available at the bar. All very civilised and enjoyable. 

Of course, a handful of us moved to Peaky Blinders and I ended up in Salt Dog Slims a drunken mess, reciting Fountains of Wayne’s song Stacey’s Mom into my Instagram story, returning home on the bus (which was typically diverted due to roadworks in Oldham) at about 7am. A steam room session – all I had time for before the gym closed – has levelled me out. 

Designated driver tonight, I think.

No comments: