Saturday 11 March 2023

Mini’s Masala Frittata


 

For Christmas I got India Express, a cookbook from Rukmini Iyer, the book being part of a range of her books that are popular in our extended family – and across the UK. We had a family Secret Santa swap and I decided to bring something to the table. Someone in my family is vegetarian, so I figured a meat-free recipe would be a good place to start. (Sadly, they tested positive for COVID and missed it, but Mini’s Masala Frittata - a spicy, creamy potato bake – was still devoured.) 

During the recipe I put the coriander and chillis in the recipe, not on the surface as the recipe picture suggested. A simple issue of not reading the instructions word for word, or assuming I had. It just made the bake a little spicier than it should have been. I had no complaints. Should have been 65 mins cook time. I took about 90.

Enjoyed by all. I had some left over the next night, so took it to a new year party, where it got polished off.

No comments: