Sunday 12 March 2023

This gym project is going well.

I mentioned last Saturday I was attempting to live my life like a bodybuilder. So far, so good. 6am getups are manageable. I’m steadily encroaching some old PBs. I waited until March to do this so that it wouldn’t be too dark or cold… and then it snowed. And the roads weren’t gritted. Neither was the gym car park. 

Ballache. 

Haven’t missed any sessions so far, though. Oldham faces more sleet around Tuesday-Thursday. 

Also, to get into the spirit of gym nut meathead, I have shaved off my hair and started on the protein shakes. Stopped short of steroids, though. 

In other news, Rachel McFarlane follows me on Instagram. She sang ‘Lover’ and ‘I Need Somebody.’ Cracking dance music tracks from back in the day. 

I should be seeing her sing at Sugar Rush, a 2000s house music throwback night in Bowlers 29th April. Tickets shifting now!


 

No comments: