Monday 27 November 2023

Santa Dash, For the Love of Sci Fi

Well, here it is. The week of the Saddleworth Santa Dash. 

 

I’ve been training and dieting for this race for 2 months now. I’ve found, doing local runs of a similar 5km distance, that I’m a little fitter than I have been, but I’m stuck at a certain level, unable to beat an old PB from over a year ago. That said, I almost matched an old gym record this week, running for 10 mins at 14kmph. By the time of the race, I might have a new PB on that. I’ve not weighed myself recently but I expect I’m substantially heavier than 72kg. 

Santa Dash is the Saturday. 

Manchester movie convention For the Love of Sci Fi is back this weekend – I’m doing the Sunday. Can’t wait to meet Captain Dallas off Alien! Tom Skerritt is one of a number of science fiction guests due to attend. 

 Unfortunately, it looks like this years FTLOSF may be the last as Monopoly Events want to wind down the year a little earlier.

 

No comments: