Saturday 23 September 2023

Get Fit for the Santa Dash

I’ve got my ticket for the Saddleworth Santa Dash, a 5K run through the hills of Saddleworth, featuring around 500 Father Christmases. 

 

Tickets are available now. £17.50 gets you your pass to run, Santa suit and individual number sheet. 

I gave myself a little break from dieting recently. I’d dipped below 80kg doing the photography project recently, but I expect I’m back above it now. It’s now time to eat properly, get fit again, in time for the race, taking place on Saturday, 2nd December. 10 weeks away. Target weight: 72kg. This is the weight I need to be to get into my suit trousers, I found out some months ago. That said, I’m a lot stronger now than I was last time my weight was that low. Time to ignore urges and stay focussed. I’ve got a 5K circuit in my area that I usually do Sundays. I’ll add a few more of these in. Plus, I’ll up the running I do at the gym, and try and beat my oldest record of 10 mins at 14.1kmph, from 2013.

No comments: