Saturday 5 November 2022

I am BACK into the suits

Last month I mentioned that I hadn’t been able to fit into any of my suit trousers since seemingly the middle of 2018. Years of antidepressants had ballooned me. 

Now I was off the meds, I knew it was time to readjust. 

Hence, after many disgusting vegetable smoothies, avoidance of junk food, a few recipes from books, tons of endurance and cardio exercise, and lots of trying to keep my phone out of my bedroom (to not disrupt my circadian rhythm) I was down to 72kg (11’5’8) – from 90kg (14’2’0). Last Saturday, the suits fit. 

Over the last week, I’ve allowed myself a curry and some chocolate, which was regrettable (but inevitable). I’ve put another kilo on. The suits still fit, just about.

Not bad for 3 weeks’ graft. How did I do at the gym? 

I focussed on body weight exercises, something that I’d likely improve on if my weight went down. Since 8th October… 

I’ve put 1 more on my overhand chin-up record, to 21. 

1 more on my underhand record, to 19. 

10 more dips, to 140. 

3 more extra-wide chin-ups (the palms face each other about a metre apart) to 15. 

I’ve done a lot of gym classes, involving a lot of bodyweight exercises, so I’ve sweated a lot of the fat out. 

Also, I’ve got a running route I do once a week. It’s a little over 5km. Since starting this project I’ve knocked about 2+1/2 minutes off my record. 

When you’re 40, the moment you eat any junk, it immediately congeals and you put weight on. Hence, I’ve had my treats. Back to the graft. I have a ton of spinach and kale to eat. 

This is the first of 5 projects that I've been meaning to complete before my 41st at the end of July. Hopefully I should be able to attain a few others soon.

No comments: