Sunday 7 July 2024

Deansgate Bars

Meetup groups Manchester Nightlife and Manc Mates went out last night for a bar crawl. The former group had 11 listed, the latter 4 despite being a longer-standing group with a much bigger membership. On the night, 3 of us showed up. 

It can be a bit disheartening trying to do things for people and not seeing the attendance, but whatever. We made a good team and tried out Slug & Lettuce, Be at One, Yours (our first visit, I liked, they didn’t, may have been a bit early as it was quiet), Motley, Manahatta (slow service on the bar, one of us complained, we all subsequently got the boot), Peaky Blinders and finally Speak in Code (bit of a wait to get in but the mocktail was good). I’ve got a list of ideas for meetups that I want to run. I can tick that one off.

 

Earlier this week Wagyu steak joint Flatiron opened to the public. I was there, but… 

 

No comments: