Saturday 6 July 2024

Comic Con Fit 2

Last May I made a plan to get into as fit a shape as possible before the upcoming Comic Con in Yorkshire, where I planned (and succeeded) to get photos with 2 celebrities. (See Part 1 and Part 2 of this). 

My aim was to get down to 72.2kg, a weight that I previously dieted to in order to fit into my 30” suit trousers some years ago. Coming back to 2024, I managed to get to 72.4, but ended at 73.7 by 22nd June . 

I’d love to get down to that again. This time, instead of necking grotesque vegetable smoothies, I’m going to make a lot of soups with veg from Aldi’s Super Six range, and follow recipes from different cookbooks. 

The next Comic Con is in Manchester, 27th July, at which I should be meeting John Connor himself Edward Furlong from Terminator 2, Xander Berkley from Heat, Candyman, Terminator 2, Air Force One and Apollo 13, and Tom Skerritt from Alien, M*A*S*H, Top Gun and, um, Poltergeist III. 

 

It’s also my birthday weekend, so I’d like to be down to 72kg again. I’m currently 77.9kg. Piled it on in the space of 2 weeks. Oh well.

No comments: