Saturday 12 November 2016

Mastermix in Warehouse Project



5th November: I bought a ticket for this through resale at the last minute after my group had all bought theirs. I didn't think I was that familiar with the lineup, but I hadn't noticed Seth Troxler was in there and a few videos I've seen of his sets were brilliant. And I didn't want to leave my mates, so I thought, fuck it, debit card time!

We got there early. The Store Street venue was heaving by 21:30- 9pm was the weirdly-early last entry time- and our spot near the DJ booth in the main room was encroached by more punters, gradually pushing us to the back of the hall. People were generally friendly though.

Gratefully there was a cash bar, so we didn't have to blow money on a sheet of tokens like at Sankeys Warehouse






The night progressed from tech house from Gerd Janson into something a little more melodic but still contemporary from Ricardo Villalabos and Troxler, though to 70's funk from Jackmaster and Marcel Dettmann right at the end of the night.

We also dived into room 2 for Bicep. Certainly the best laser show, and still great music. A smaller space made for roasting temperatures.


We left when it closed at 5am. We'd spent as long in there as we would in a normal working day, but it flew by 20 times faster. Our group had a variety of favourites, meaning we'd picked a good all-rounder. Troxler and Villalabos really surprised me; I'd put them at the top.

Further events should be great at The Warehouse Project, so keep your eyes on their calendar. If an event is listed as sold out, it's worth also checking Resident Advisor for their tickets as there may be batches being sold there too.

Always photograph your ticket in case you lose it!



No comments: