Sunday 3 October 2021

Donated Beermats: 68

Before we went into lockdown in March last year, a mate of mine was bringing me piles of beermats from the pubs he’d frequented. Every Monday, at Andy’s Man Club, he’d rock up and pull out a wad of mats from his pocket as he knew I collected them. It was also said mate who put me in touch with The Prairie Schooner, the pub that donated the huge box of mats that I’ve been uploading from since Dec ‘19. 

Just before lockdown began, he gave me a handful of mats that I’d saved and not uploaded, as it was a small pile. I thought in maybe 3 months or so the pandemic would blow over and we’d be meeting face-to-face again. Maybe he’d bring a few more and I’d put them with said handful. Well, it obviously took a lot longer than that for meetings to recommence. I’ve not seen said friend since lockdown began and can’t seem to find him on social media any more. I hope he’s okay. 

Anyway, here are the (substantially newer than Prairie Schooner’s) mats he brought.

No comments: