Sunday 17 October 2021

For the Love of Horror '21

I had a ticket for day 2 of 2021’s For the Love of Horror, a horror convention at Bowlers Exhibition Centre in Manchester. 

Ran by Monopoly Events, FTLOH brought together a wad of horror movie stars, stalls, Q&A sessions, signings and photo ops. I’d bought a ticket to meet The Candyman himself, Tony Todd, alas he cancelled due to health concerns (and who can blame him, the state of the UK etc). That was refunded, but the entrance fee wasn’t, so… to the convention I went. 

Some of the other booked stars I was familiar with- I remember Matthew Lillard from Scream, for example- but a lot I was oblivious to. I kinda remember watching The Rocky Horror Picture Show, but beyond Tim Curry (available for photo ops for a cool £155 each) I didn’t recognise the rest of the cast names. Maybe the odd character here and there. 

 A fun day regardless.

  

  

  

  

 

Skeet Ulrich








Dave Sheridan, Scary Movie's Officer Doofy


The pedant in me has to point out this misplaced apostrophe







Beetlejuice and Eric Draven cosplayers

Predator


Bowlers room 2 was a dedicated memorabilia stall area


Patrick Bateman cosplay


Christopher Biggins





Edward Scissorhands tattoo


Tim Capello, saxophonist from The Lost Boys

Christopher Biggins, Stephen Calcutt, Patricia Quinn, Barry Bostock- cast of Rock Horror Picture Show

No comments: