Monday 4 October 2021

A good week ahead

For me, at least. I’m on leave. I plan to spend the time running, and getting fit for the Saddleworth Santa Dash.

  

The 5km run through Saddleworth’s leafy villages returns after last year’s event was, predictably, cancelled. But, between now and 4th December, I’m going to be continuing with clean eating, running at the gym, running a road route which is of a similar distance to the Dash, and trying to knock time off. I’m getting somewhere. (Started at 52 mins, now down to 40.) 

Then, an estimated 500 of us – maybe more- will descend on Uppermill for the run. After the route, which drops us off back where we started, there’ll be stalls, music, food and drink. 

What about this week? Well, I’d love to be watching DJ EZ at Warehouse Project on Saturday, but who do I know who likes garage music from the naughties, who can afford a £40 ticket and is free to go out? No-one I know, as far as I know. 

UK’s Tyson Fury faces Deontay Wilder for the WBC heavyweight belt, the third time the two giants face off in the ring. That’s Sunday morning, ring walk expected to be 4am. I might be in Genting for this. By all means, PM me on Insta

Something I forgot to mention on the Blogtober introduction on the 1st was stats. At the time of uploading this post, here are a few figures for my blog: 

Overall page views: 937103 

Page views last month (presumably meaning September, as opposed to below): 3631 

Page views in the last 30 days (a different metric): 3730 

Let’s see if I can get a spike in hits during the month. Unless I uncover a society of blog-reading tegestologists, I doubt it.

No comments: