Sunday 11 June 2023

This Viking project is taking shape.

I’m eating – partly – what they ate. Lots of veg soup. I’ve finished the bananas. Tons of cereal left, though. Won’t be buying any more of that until August. Still just eating twice a day

Pushing through Last Kingdom Season 3. Complex but hella violent Viking show on Netflix. Great stuff. 

I’ve been listening to Vicast, a podcast set up by Amy Bailey who plays Queen Kwenthrith in History Channel’s Vikings show. I’ve not listened to many podcasts, but this one has tons of behind the scenes info, plus Bailey invites on guest contributors from the show who share showbiz gossip plus historical knowledge of the Viking era. Well worth listening to if you’re into the show. 

Next month sees Heysham Viking Festival, featuring cosplayers, 9th-century food and traditional Norse crafts like weaving and woodwork. I’m intrigued. 

I also have a list of Viking museums to contact.

No comments: