Monday 16 October 2023

Comic Con Liverpool Week

Comic Con Liverpool takes place this weekend in Exhibition Centre Liverpool. Ran by the burgeoning Monopoly Events, the Liverpool show is their largest. I went in 2019 and had a brilliant time. Travel caused stress, and there was a minor issue with tickets, but I’ve been more organised this time. I’ve got a Saturday ticket, which are now sold out. Sunday tickets are selling fast. I’ve also got a photo booked with sci fi actor Michael Ironside. Sunday tickets are about to sell out. 

Also, in regard to my Facebook vanishing… was it this?

I’ve been screenshotting this woman’s bizarre rants for years now and sharing to X (Twitter). It’s hugely offensive to people who’ve worked with vulnerable people throughout the pandemic. Not only that, her stance is scientifically wrong: the vaccines ARE safe, and healthy people SHOULD take them. For them to work as they should, the COVID vaccines should have been mandated, like all the other vaccines. 

I’ve always obscured the individual’s identity. Eventually, I decided to inform her employer. If this was the reason my Facebook vanished, I’d be surprised. Said store manager would have to have been pulled up by management and be shown the screenshots, then she’d have to complain to Facebook that I’d shared her content. Is that a deletable offence? Am I about to lose my X account too? 

I should have just blocked her long ago. All this is speculation though. I might not ever know why I lost my account.

No comments: