Sunday 8 October 2023

Does Zinc Prevent Hair Loss?

I’m 41. My hair has been thinning since some time in my mid-30s, much to my dismay. Not much I can do about it other than accept, unless… 

There’s some evidence to suggest the transition metal element Zinc can improve hair growth over a period of some weeks, but not if taken for extended periods. Health program Nutrisense explains that these should be taken alongside a balanced diet rich in nuts, beans and meat. I eat a certain amount of these. 

I’ve recently had my head shaved. 2 on top, 1 on the sides. The thinness is from the crown outwards, as it is with most guys, and is already visible on my head. 

I’ve recently picked up enough zinc tablets to last me a full year, but I’ll report back on this in a month. During this time, I’ll attempt to eat clean, with plenty of the aforementioned foods (plenty of Mexican dishes incoming). I’m already dieting for the Santa Dash in December.

No comments: