Sunday 18 August 2024

Alien Raft Blood

Saw Alien Romulus Friday. The best out of the 3 most recent Alien films. Says something when a largely unknown director can do it better than Ridley Scott. 

Alien / Predator screenwriters just can’t resist nodding to previous instalments though, can they? The Rook android (a digitally regenerated Ian Holm) tells the doomed crew ‘you have my sympathies,’ ala Ash from the original. Similarly, Alien vs Predator Requiem includes the original Predator movie line ‘get to the chopper.’ 

Romulus is well worth a watch. Not, however, worth the 15 bastard quid I paid for a standard Oldham Odeon adult seat. 

Saturday night: Meetup group Manchester Nightlife visited Raft, the new castaway themed bar in Spinningfields’ The Avenue. We moved onto Oast House and Banyan, and then tried Dirty Martini on Peter St. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. Good team. I left early. 

Today I gave blood at Norfolk House just off Market St. Glad to do my part, but the donation left me feeling nauseous to the point I passed out. Collection was a success. Then I ate a load of orange Club chocolate biscuits. They advised me not to donate again. Glad to have done my part though. I went home and fell asleep.

No comments: