Sunday 12 April 2020

Well, I got this prediction right...

Sir Keir Starmer, Labour Leader

Way back in 2011 I made a list of predictions for the next 10 years. As much as I still believe some of these should happen, a lot of them haven't. That said, stopped clock is right twice a day, and all that. Here's one that has.

In point 9 I mention 'A website will be set up allowing us observe debates in the Commons.' Well, it's taken an international epidemic killing 108,000 people (ECDC) but Parliament has finally pulled their thumb out, thanks to Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer. The House of Commons is set to return digitally on 21st April, where MPs will discuss the very issues that forced them to stay at home, via webcams from said homes.

With the country on lockdown there's not a lot to report on, but I am reading a fascinating book, so there'll be a review here soon.

1 comment:

nhs uk said...

nice post thanks for update