Sunday 9 June 2024

Manchester Nightlife Group

Well, I bit the bullet and shelled out to set up my own Meetup group. Meetup.com, set up in the wake of 9/11 to bring communities closer together, has expanded rapidly over the last 10 years. I resisted for long enough (since 2009, when I first joined the site, in fact) and shelled out the £70 for a 6-month membership. I’m planning to get my money’s worth by uploading quite a few events. 

So, Manchester Nightlife group is live now, and as of Wednesday night has been racking up members, with over 70 joined so far. 

Last night I went on my first Manchester Nightlife meetup. One other member came out; we did a few bars around the top end of the Northern Quarter: Stevenson Square, Hilton Street, Tariff St etc. Decent night. 

I’ve got loads of ideas in the pipeline for nights around Spinningfields, Deansgate, Ancoats and other areas. I’ll do another meetup soon.

No comments: