Saturday 5 October 2024

Get Fit for the Santa Dash

Last night I had a well-earned few drinks in the Northern Quarter with a couple of mates. 

 

 

Steaming. 

Anyway, on Thursday night I was 80.6kg. I ballooned up to 81.2kg by this morning. Target weight: 72.2kg. Target date is 7th December, the date of the Santa Dash. 

A family tradition now, the Saddleworth Santa Dash is a 5km race through the hills of Saddleworth with an expected 2200 other Father Christmases, culminating in an afternoon of food and drinks stalls and a live DJ in Uppermill. 

 

Prior to that, film convention For the Love of Horror takes place 2 weeks away, and I’ll be getting photographed with a few cast members from certain horror movies. I’d quite like to not be fat as fuck on the pictures! 

How to do this: no junk food, limited bread, lots of porridge, tons of Aldi Super 6 soup, some occasional veg smoothies, some meals from recipes (I have a routine of cooking these on Saturdays) and tons of exercise, particularly running. 

9 weeks to lose 9 kilos. Shouldn’t be that difficult. Just, again, avoiding junk food cravings is the biggest challenge.

No comments: