Saturday 27 October 2018

Success

After months of meetings and phone calls with TJ at Welfare Rights, I'm back on Working Tax Credits. It's taken years of hard work. I've heard numerous other advisors telling me I can't have it. It's taken a lot of arguing with HMRC (TJ being the most effective at this), bagfuls of lever arch files full of paperwork, hours of phone calls and loads of meetings. But the money is going into my account.

There have been a few contradictions in the various letters that HMRC have sent me in the last 2 weeks, saying I am, then I'm not, eligible. Hopefully things will now continue as they are for the foreseeable. As mentioned in previous posts, it's hit-and-miss as to whether your advisor will be able to help you, but TJ has been superb and I'm glad I booked that appointment all those months ago.

No comments: