Monday 15 October 2018

Who's doing the Santa Dash?


Remember, I just got back from Amsterdam.
-Vincent Vega (John Travolta), Pulp Fiction

More on my weekend to the Dutch capital later. First, I wanted to point out that, a month ago, I planned to detox by cooking and eating clean until I could beat a PB at the gym. I have a few more cooking posts in the pipeline, but obviously, having just been to 'Dam I've broken that vow. I managed to get under 80kg before flying, but only just. Bench press, horizontal dumbbell fly and running at 14km/ph were steadily improving, but not to PB level. So: the purpose of this blog post it to say I'm having a break from clean eating and will try this project again soon.

I also said I wouldn't shave until this point.

In late December I'll be taking part in the annual Saddleworth Santa Dash, a 5k run through Oldham's countryside dressed, along with 500 others, as Father Christmas. Although not a serious race, I'd still like to be half-decent at running, and as it stands, I'm far from it. So as well as beating some old gym records, I've got a local route that's currently taking me about 45 mins to complete, about the same length of time I expect the Santa Dash to take. It's equally hilly, too, so should set me in good stead if I make it a regular thing. I'm running with family but I've managed to convice a few others from various meetup groups to take part.

No meetups in the pipeline at the moment. It's Halloween the weekend after, though, so keep your eyes peeled.

No comments: