Wednesday 3 October 2018

Excess Month 2018: Research



Last year I devised a 2-month project with the intention of upping the quantity of my blogging and finding information to rival the local news. I was hoping to get my blog a huge wad of exposure by writing something that would actually help people.

Excess Month Research was a month of reading books and watching movies involving parties, drugs, pressure, deadlines and chaos. Wolf of Wall St was one of the films; Neil Strauss' The Dirt- a biography of chaotic rock group The Motley Crue- was one of the books. I did this project throughout October.

Excess Month Practical coincided with National Blog Posting Month, a month-long challenge in which participants attempt to write and upload a blog post every day for the month of November. My intention was to keep myself as busy as possible and to go out and find content that would later lead to interesting blog posts. I don't know how you define 'interesting,' but I managed 30 in 30.

I'm going to have another go this year. We're 3 days into October already, but to my credit I have already rewatched Visitor Q, one of the most excessively weird films ever made.


I have loads of ideas. Here we go...

No comments: