Saturday 20 October 2018

HMRC is, typically, not making sense

After some years now fighting to get my Working Tax Credits reinstated, I've now received 3 letters in one week from HMRC, all contradicting each other. One says I've been awarded a 4-figure sum. Another says a 3 figure sum, and another says I told them of a change and my WTC (stopped in January '16) will now 'be stopped.'

I've been to Welfare Rights officer TJ, who has been brilliant over the last few months. It appears that my WTC are on hold, and she's contacting them to get to the bottom of this.

Getting back onto WTC looked like a longshot, as Oldham- my hometown- is now a Universal Credit area, and HMRC is reluctant to award WTC to anyone here. For a number of reasons, I'm flat-out not eligible for UC.

What would be ideal, of course, is for an employer to recognise my potential in writing- possibly in Marketing, PR or copywriting- and offer me a full time position, with steady training included that takes into account my short term memory difficulties, and pay me enough to not be eligible for WTC at all. But, then, I've been looking for that since I graduated in 2005.

No comments: