Saturday 15 September 2018

Cook your Way to Fitness



It’s one thing to buy a load of cookbooks, but the point of buying them is to follow the recipes and eat the result, not just to dedicate a shelf in your kitchen to them. It’s time I started bashing through these cookbooks. It’s graft when you have memory difficulties, though, and you have to make lists of everything and then harangue Tesco employees into helping you find some obscure ingredient that you’ve never even heard of (spring onions look NOTHING like ordinary onions, FYI).

However it’s better than eating the same thing on a weekly basis, and every recipe I follow is designed to be healthy, so from now on I’ll cut out the junk and the alcohol and dive into a few of these books. I’ll eat clean and hammer a few personal bests at the gym.

My oldest-standing PB is 10 minute run at 14.1kmph from 2013. I’m going to work on this by running at 14.0 for as long as possible, edging the time up to 10 minutes. Along with this, I’ll be working other very old PBs, including horizontal dumbbell fly (2x38kgs from 2015) and chest press at 103.75kg from around September 2014.

Current body weight: 80.5kg. Target weight: 73kg.

Added to this, I am now newly clean shaven. I won't have a shave until I update again, when I either beat one of these PBs or I hit my target weight. How big will my hipster, ginger beard be? Let's find out. I’ll upload the reviews of the recipes as part of my #psychologysaturdays posts, explaining how following a recipe takes a little more time and preparation when you’ve had a massive head trauma.

Let the cooking, eating and giant piles of washing up commence.

No comments: