Monday 24 July 2023

Comic Con Manchester This Weekend

Monopoly Events brings Comic Con back to Manchester this weekend. Sadly Kyle McLachan (Blue Velvet, Showgirls, Twin Peaks, Dune) has pulled out. I hadn’t bought a ticket to meet him as he was dear as fuck, but I have got tickets for other photo ops. I’m going on the Sunday. 

It’s my birthday on the Saturday. I’ve challenged myself to do 6 things this year. I just about managed them all. Sorta. Expect a write-up of the final project, Viking Month Practical, plus a review of the year. 

Also on the blog, I’m updating a post about the best nightspots in Manchester, something I wrote around a decade ago. Most of the places I’d mentioned closed down, but plenty of others have opened in their place. 

Also, supermarket Lidl liked my tweet about bumbags and you either know Jessica Starling or you don’t… here’s her knowledgeable response to celebrity gossip email Popbitch and their baboon vs badger conundrum:

No comments: