Monday 31 July 2023

Last week of this Viking project

Can’t wait for it to be over so I can eat some normal food, to be honest. And have lunch. 2 months of this. 

I’m still hammering through this Amazon Prime trial doing chin-ups and dips, as Vikings would have (without the streaming). Vikings Season 4 is still weak. Nowhere near as good as the first 3 seasons. But there are a good handful of decent movies on Prime, so I’ve been watching them instead. American Sniper, 80s classic Wargames and 90s action drama Heat are 3 worth looking at, plus many others. A good mix of new and old material, in contrast to Netflix’s routine of showing mostly very recent films and programmes. 

I’ve got a Viking recipe review to share, which will go up on whichever #psychologysaturday for which I don’t have a Universal Credit update. I’ll update a blog post about the best nightspots in Manchester, and I’ll review the Viking project too, as my deadline is Friday. I’ve also got a predictions post that has been almost ready for several months. 

Plus, yesterday I went to Comic Con Manchester and have some amazing photos to share and stories to retell. The con included, as it happens, someone known for playing a Viking, along with some other Viking content. 

There’s also a review of what I managed to do before turning 41 and I guess I’d better start planning what to do before turning 42. I have some ideas. 

Earlier this week I broke Viking tradition and had lunch in Tattu, one of the most beautiful restaurants in Manchester with an equally exquisite menu. Their Moon Stand Lunch deal - 3 plates for £15 - is well worth sampling if you’re off midweek.

No comments: