Wednesday 11 September 2024

Olympic Workouts ‘24: Results!

 

Right at the end of July, the Paris 2024 Olympic Games opened in spectacular fashion to the backdrop of the Louvre, the Arc de Triomph and the Eiffel Tower. 

At this point, I started a dieting and workout project. The aim: lose 4.5kg and beat some chin-up and dips records. 

The games: superb. The athletes: powerhouses. I can imagine that several will get advertising deals and will officially open a few supermarkets over the next few months. 

I spent a lot of the Olympics and Paralympics in front of the TV working out with my Pull-Up Mate. I did gym classes alongside it, but no actual gym work. I haven’t ran in over a month. I followed recipes (many already listed on the blog, more to come), made soups, ate sweet potato. I was 76.5kg. I aimed for 72.2. I’m now 76.1. Woo. I’m likely to put that back on in the next week. I just wasn’t rigid enough with food. Too much bread. Too many hot chocolates. Not enough prepping lunches, too much buying stuff in work. Not enough water. 

As for personal bests, I was 2 away from matching my underhand chin-up record, and 1 away from matching my overhand. Again, if I’d just been more disciplined… I did, however, put 5 more on my dips record bringing it to 160. 

There will now be a short intermission of junk food and alcohol before another fitness project. Santa Dash is just under 3 months away. No official date advertised yet but it’s probably Saturday 7th December.

No comments: