Tuesday 27 September 2011

Awkward.



This week’s dig-a-hole-and-hide-in-it moment occurred at a writers’ feedback meeting. I’d brought in a screenplay- a short comedy featuring homosexuality and Sadomasochism in gangland Britain. As you do. Before the critique I suggested each part be read out by a different person. I purposefully didn’t tell anyone about the content- I just reeled off the character names and let people pick them.

Unfortunately, this led to one man picking the role of a suppressed gay, and his own son- who’d only been at the group a couple of times- picking the role of the straight object of said gay man’s affections.

Criiiinge.

Still, they were good sports and got through it. The script was well-received and needs tweaking only a little. I’ve been advised to get in touch with a few drama workshops to see if it could be acted out. The Northern Film Network were good for this kind of thing… but they folded a couple of years ago. Does anyone want a bash at shooting this script?
Get in touch! I’ll send it out to you.

matthewtuckey@hotmail.com

No comments: