Friday 2 November 2012

And That...



...is the end of the Science Fiction haikus. I hope you found them vaguely interesting at best. I split them up between the other posts as not to alienate my audience (basically people I had coerced into reading my blog through bizarre Twitter tactics). (Twactics?)

I had tried to get the haikus published in Science Fiction magazines but I hadn't made it clear to people (editors and feedback group participants) what I was trying to do with them. 2247-2263 was an anthology of unrelated haikus, set in the future, with each verse titled by the year in which the haiku's story takes place. It was not a sessional haiku poem, and each three-line verse was not to relate particularly to the others.

The main two principles of haiku poetry:

  1. The poem is three lines long. The first line has 5 syllables, the second 7, the third 5.
  2. The poem captures a brief moment, shows us a time in a place and leaves us with a 'feeling' of that moment.

Whether I achieved the latter with the range I've uploaded over the last couple of months is open to opinion, but I hope you at least found it a curious trend. And now back to banal celebrity gossip and weird social media tactics. Hurrah!

Pic courtesy Frank Kehren, Flickr

2 comments:

lara clear said...

LOVE SPELLS THAT WORKS I am sharing this testimony to partners suffering in their relationships because there is an enduring solution.
My husband left me and our 2 kids for another woman for 3 years. I tried to be strong just for my kids but I could not control the pains that torment my heart. I was hurt and confused. I needed a help, so i did a research on the internet and came across a site where I saw that Dr. Aluya a spell caster, can help get lovers back. I contacted him and he did a special prayer and spells for me. To my surprises, after some days, my husband came back home. That was how we reunited again and there was a lot of love, joy and peace in the family.
You can as well contact Dr.  Aluya  , a powerful spell-caster for solutions on his contact aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or directly on Whats App: +2348055431163    

walden Ann said...

I want to use this great opportunity to thank Dr Aluya for helping me to get my boyfriend back after 3 months of breakup. My boyfriend breakup with me because he see another girl at his working place and told me he is no longer interested in me and live me in pain and heart break. I seek for help on the internet and i saw so many good talk about this great spell caster Dr Aluys and I contacted him also and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell for me which i use to get back my boyfriend within the period of 48 hours and i am so grateful to him for the good work he did for me,that is why i also want to let everyone who is in need of help out there to also seek help from him so he can help.His email is aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp: +2348055431163