Saturday 31 May 2014

The First Screenplay I Ever Wrote...

I polished off when I should have been studying for my GCSEs. I had an idea for a story about a dreadful incident in a local cafe, a scenario made worse by the terrible, insular attitudes of its patrons. At fifteen I originally titled it “Diner”, but a feedback group I visited a few years later suggested that was too American. So I buried it for a further decade or so, until a few months ago when I dug it out, wrote another draft titling it “Restaurant”, got further feedback from my writer's group and- this week- gave it one further polish. It might need another before it ever makes it onto the screen, but it's far enough along to present here.

Blogger's formatting doesn't let me lay it out like a proper screenplay, so you'll have to excuse the alignment, but hopefully the story is straightforward enough to follow and ideally enjoy.

If you or anyone you know are into film-making, please take a look, pass the link around, and let me know what you think.

Restaurant can be read here.
 

No comments: