Sunday 23 December 2018

Fight on Deansgate, Mad Friday, FTLOSF Update

My gossip about N-Trance being Brexiteers got into gossip e-rag Popbitch, and I've realised I can link the email here. Great. You should subscribe.

Went out on Mad Friday. Tried the new Peaky Blinders bar, in the unit that housed Sakana. The new bar has a 1930s theme with waiters in flat caps and vintage style décor adourning the walls and ceiling. The upper level has been opened up It's not a patch on what it was, but the live band 'Scratchpad' was good and the venue looks a lot bigger after the restaurant area was removed and the bar reinstated right at the back. Interesting place, thankfully void of contemporary RnB, but lacking coathooks on the backs of the toilet doors.

I had a wander around after this, and saw 9 police officers arresting one guy outside Vanitas. Great use of my taxes, guys.

Saw this on Deansgate:



The other thing I feel compelled to share is the range of videos from the For The Love Of SciFi event I went to at the start of the month.

I was there for the Predator panel


and some of the orchestra


But there are a whole range of videos featuring the Stranger Things panel


The Star Wars Special


The Rocky Special



The E.T Special



A talk with Lou Ferrigno


With Ray Parker Jr,


and with Brigitte Nielson


I plan on checking them all out soon.

No comments: