Thursday 25 August 2011

Power is a State of Mind Needs Your Support




Hmm. Listen to me, giving my blog a persona of its own. Pretentious much? Absolutely. The truth is: I need your help. I need it a lot. In the spirit of high aspirations (the blog title, the relentless pestering of celebrity types) and some achievements (including doubling my hits inside six months) I have just nominated this site for consideration of Best Personal Blog at the Manchester Blog Awards.

I will be up against some truly talented writers, whose blogs have been well-formed and have stuck to a niche from the get-go. In contrast, this blog has changed from running commentary of bizarre journeys, failed job interviews, drunken nights out and traumatic encounters with women- basically a personal diary online- to a place for people to find new ways to build blog stats, info on literature and other events in the city, ways of tweaking your life for the better and methods for developing creativity in writing. Less me, more you. As a result, more people have read it.

I have nothing to lose from this submission. I might even gain something. If nothing else, throwing a bid in for an award is a mere excuse to seek more publicity. The choice to vote- or not- is yours. Those of you following me on Twitter or friends with me on Facebook- I’ll try not to be too much of a ballache with the whole self-promotion thing for the next month.

The deadline for voting: Monday, 18th September. Please vote by clicking here!

No comments: